Faith Abroad

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Today is the most beautiful, sunny day in Grenoble and I sit very happily with my window open and the enormous rays of sunshine flowing in. It's a completely captivating atmosphere and I haven't seen this nice of a day in Grenoble in a long time. Spring is finally showing and I'm very content. 

Today, on this gorgeous afternoon, I feel that God is showing Himself to me. I admit to lacking in a relationship with God lately. I haven't been attending much church, my Bible has been unopened, I am not active in my daily devotional, and I find myself not praying. I have many distractions here in Europe and don't have a core Christian circle that I can lean on during this time. With that being said, God has provided for me in so many ways and has given me amazing opportunties and experiences that will last a lifetime. I am definitely grateful, but I haven't put God first recently, and it has been quite apparent. I have always had a strong relationship with God so when I am faltering, I can feel it. There comes a point when I know I need Jesus back in my life and at the top. So my lifestyle is changing today.

Last night I felt a change of heart. I have felt something missing for the past month or so not knowing exactly what it was but had an inkling that it was, and is indeed, God. It's been quite obvious, but I have either avoided or ignored it. I haven't felt the joy I normally do in my everyday life, I've been down for no apparent reason, and just felt empty. Instead of sulking in my internal grief any longer, I made room for Jesus again. I messaged my sister in Christ/best friend Madi to pray for me and told her my predicament. She showed compassion and was proud of me for recognizing the state I was in and the desire to make a change. 

Today is a new day. I woke up and immediately prayed to God for giving me this beautiful new day full of opportunity. I read my daily devotional and felt God speaking to just me. It said:

March Fifteenth

But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear Him. -Psalm 103:17

I am the Lord who healeth thee. The adversary meant evil to you, but I mean it for good and for life. Put aside the distractions that pull you from My chosen path. Take each day as a gift of love from the Giver of love. Purify your mind and thoughts with simple cries and prayers. Prove me by the waters of Meribah. Let me turn the bitter into sweet and trust that I can ever do so. None know this save those who choose to become "little children" before their heavenly Father. The oil of My mercy never runs out.

I got great joy and peacefulness after reading these words and was ready to start my day. My friend Madi also sent me verses & devotionals from 3 different sources that she reads every morning. I am so grateful to her as a friend and am glad she intervened to help me hear God's voice again. God is shining His light so brightly today and I am immensely overjoyed.

To all my fellow study abroaders, it can definitely be hard to keep a strong relationship with God when traveling and seeing the world, I would know, but it is so important to keep close to God. We never ever have to feel or be alone because we have God. If you have any troubles, give it all to Him. He is almighty and powerful and will guide us if we let Him. I hope my mini testimony sheds some light and shows just how crucial we need God's presence every minute of our lives. God bless!

No comments :

Post a Comment